What happens at my first visit?
Your First Visit
Going to a new dentist can be stressful. At Associates of Dental Arts, we strive to provide stress free dentistry. When you choose to visit us, you can be sure that you will be treated with respect and compassion while receiving the best dental care possible.
- Patient Comfort: We are here to make you as comfortable as possible by providing a relaxing atmosphere with amenities such as massaging treatment chairs.
- Compassion: Too many dentists focus on diagnosing and treating without acknowledging the patient’s feelings and anxieties. We care about your well-being and take time to listen to your questions and concerns.
- Patient Education: We believe in getting to know you personally and taking the time to explain the treatment we recommend and why we recommend it.
- Convenient Access to Care: It can take time to become comfortable with a dentist. When you are referred out to a new dentist you have to deal with the anxiety all over again. Since our team has such a passion for practicing dentistry and continuing their education, we rarely have to refer our patients out of our office.
- Top Quality Results: We have a building built for dentistry with the latest technology, we use high quality products, and we stand behind our work. We strive to be the best by doing the best for you.
- Patient Safety: We take your safety very seriously. Our building has a water filtration system that we regularly check to ensure all water we use is pure. We follow the latest in infection control standards and regularly train our team to ensure compliance. Also, our surgery suites double as a tornado shelter.
What to Expect:
When you step into our office, our friendly receptionist will greet you and confirm that we have all the information we need for your appointment. You will then have a moment to sit in one of our comfortable waiting room chairs and enjoy a complimentary water. Don't forget to try out the new monthly flavor of lip balm located at the front counter too! You may notice that our office does not have that typical cramped doctor office feel. We strive to provide you with a relaxing atmosphere and between the beautiful wall of windows, smart décor, high ceiling, elegant hanging lights and the sound of our fountain, you might think you are in a health spa instead of a dentist office.
After a moment or two, you will be taken back to visit with our New Patient Coordinator, Sonya. She will help guide you as we take all the necessary x-rays and do a complete examination of your teeth and mouth. This includes checking for oral cancer, gum disease and cavities. If you are due for a dental cleaning, she will also clean your teeth. Sonya will then take the time to talk with you about your oral health and about any issues she has identified.
After Sonya is done, Dr. Kivett will review your x-rays and do his own visual exam. He will then explain to you any issues we have identified and what he recommends for treatment. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, Dr. Kivett loves talking about dentistry.
When you are done and all of your questioned have been answered, you will meet with one of our wonderful Scheduling Coordinators. He or she will help go over the cost of your treatment plan and your financing options. After answering all of your questions, we will help you schedule your next appointment. When you are all done, we will send you off with a smile.
Contact us today and make an appointment. We love to see you smile!